How to replace or remove keyboard on HP EliteBook 840 G3
1. Shut down the computer. If you are unsure whether the computer is off or in Hibernation, turn the computer on, and then shut it down through the operating system.
2. Disconnect all external devices connected to the computer.
3. Disconnect the power from the computer by unplugging the power cord from the computer.
4. Remove the eleven rubber plugs and the eleven Phillips screws beneath them from the bottom cover.
5. Remove the SD card blank and the one screw beneath it that secures the bottom cover to the computer.
6. Pry up on the top (near the display hinge) of the bottom cover to disengage it from the computer
7. Loosen the captive screw and lift the tab to remove the battery from the computer.
8. Remove the two Phillips screws that secure the keyboard to the HP Elitebook 840 G3.
9. Position the computer upright with the front toward you and open the computer as far as possible.
10. Insert a screwdriver or similar thin tool into the hole beside the heatsink/fan assembly, and then press on the back of the keyboard until it disengages from the computer. Rotate the top of the keyboard upward, and then lift the keyboard up at an angle to disengage the tabs at the bottom of the keyboard.
11. Slide the keyboard slightly downward toward the palm rest to disengage the top of the keyboard from the top cover. Remove the pointing stick cable, the keyboard backlight cable, and the keyboard cable.
12. Remove the keyboard from HP Elitebook 840 G3.
Return & Exchange Information
Double Lee Electronics Kenya will accept returns or exchange of this product within 24 hours of delivery.